Wednesday 19 June 2013

Wedding at the Belle Challenge

Hi everyone,   I hope your week is going well and that you're enjoying some great, almost summer, weather.   I had a fabulous day yesterday.  I went cross border shopping with a friend and it always includes a visit to the wonderful Buffalo Stamps craft store, JoAnn's Crafts and then lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  I picked up some of the new Graphic 45 papers and a lot of bargains as well.....came home a very tired but happy shopper!  Can't wait to get crafty with my new stuff!

Today starts a new challenge at the Belle Challenge and the theme is Wedding.

I've used a favourite LOTV stamp called Wedding Couple that I coloured with Copics.   Sorry about the wonky photo. This one really gave me a challenge. After many tries, and different backgrounds,  I still was not able to capture the soft mint green colour very well. 



Here is the front of the easel card.  Aren't they a cute couple!

I've used a lot of dies for this card, starting with Marianne Designs Anja die for the base white outline then the scallop die for the green portion.  Using the largest die of the Spellbinders Small Cirles, I cut out the center of the green sheet and added the lattice which was cut using the Spellbinders Basic Lattice die.   I then added the green circle, I had removed, behind the lattice.  This layer was added with dimensions onto the white and green layer that was machine stitched using zig zag.
The Martha Stewart ribbons are both from my stash, with the exception of the white lattice ribbon on the inside.  That was a gift from a friend..thanks Helen.  Flowers are WOC and pearls from my stash as well. Sentiment is a rubber stamp that I'm afraid I don't know the mfg.

I intend to enter the following challenges:
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Wedding
Inky Chicks Challenge #6 - Love
MIM #145

Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comments are always appreciated.
hugs,
Pat K x

13 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat this is gorgeous! I love the mint color and that is one of my favorite stamps too. Your die combos is perfect along with those pearls. You just know how to put it all together!

Sue said...

Stunning card Pat. I love the image and the way you have framed it looks wonderful. The colour scheme is gorgeous and the flowers and pearls look so beautiful too
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,gorgeous image and details.xxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMGosh, how cute is that???? This is sweet and elegant...all in one awesome card.

Laine said...

A wonderfully coloured image and your so fabulous card design Pat. I really love this.
Laine
xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pat. I love the image and the design and colours scheme look fab too.
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat, love this image too and such beautiful colours & design.
Hugs Wendy xx

sue w. said...

Hi Pat, I love this image too, it's wonderful. love the layout and the soft colours, so elegant.
Hugs Sue W.

Claire said...

Gorgeous wedding card, love the colours and the lattice detail. Hugs, Claire x

Mau xx said...

Stunning!! I love the mint green and as its my favourite LOTV image of all time it makes it Perfect.
I love the way you have used all the dies and Stitching...reminds me to blow the dust off my sewing machine :O
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Heather said...

Hi Pat, what an adorable card, I love your design and beautiful colour scheme. Your LOTV image is delightful and your details are stunning!!!

hugs
Heather xx
and, thanks for joining us with Everybody Art Challenge.

coops said...

so beautiful pat.gorgeous diecuts and I love your soft colours and sweet pretty image :D

xx coops xx

Cindy said...

Gorgeous Pat! Love the soft colors!

Thank you so much for sharing at Make it Monday!