Monday 24 November 2014

GDT - Crafty Hoarders Challenge #20

Happy Monday everyone,

I hope your weekend went well.  
Can't believe December is just around the corner...yikes!  
Do you have all your cards made yet?

Today is my last post as a Guest Design Team member at
 Crafty Hoarders Anonymous
Thanks again Gloria for having me
...you have inspired me to think outside my comfort zone
and what fun I've had.
The theme this week is

Challenge #20 Box it Up!
Your challenge is to create some sort of altered box. 
You can create a box from scratch, or you can alter a pre-made box.  
Your box can be made of paper, wood, chipboard, plastic or metal.  
As long as you dig into your hoard to decorate a box,
 you have met the challenge requirements!  
The box does not have to be used as a box...
it can be used as  home decor
 or for any purpose you can image.  
Let's box it up!  Use those stamps, dies, and punches.  
Show us the layers!
For my make I created a box to hold one of my special
 (lumpy) Christmas cards.  
Box measures 6x6x1 inches.



Once I had my score lines on the top I folded in the sides 
so I could cut out the center on my Grand Calibur, using SB Labels 
Thirty-four then added an acetate layer to create a window.  
SB Decorative Labels Thirty-four used for the green layer. 
I dusted off my Spellbinders Mystic embossing folder 
to create the top layer.  The tree was cut out of gold paper
 (yes I've been hoarding that) using Dee's Distinctively 
Snow Covered Tree die.  Rhinestones are Recollections. 
 Gold ribbon, the berry spray and plaid ribbon on the top 
and around the sides are all from my hoarded stash. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Card & Scrap Challenge #86 - Christmas card or box  
 Completely Christmas Challenge #39 - AG with a twist - embossing
Crafting Musketeers Challenge #19 - Anything but a card 
CHNC Challenge November - Anything Goes
 Sisters of Craft Challenge - November Anything Goes


Thanks for visiting today and I hope you get a chance to play along.
hugs,
Pat K x

22 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so stunning Pat - a lovely idea and so traditional looking too - No I don't have all my Xmas cards done yet lol - Michelle x

Desire Fourie said...

Such a festive little box. Loving the traditional colours.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh my Pat this is a stunning box! Would look lovely filled with chocolates too! Susan x

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Stamps and Paper said...

Pat your box is just stunning....a beautiful box for any Christmas gift

Anne

raven said...

Such an elegant box. I adore the colours that you've used. Thankyou so much for sharing your creation with us at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge. Good Luck Take care and Happy crafting..Genny DT

Laine said...

This is beautiful Pat. You have a fabulous eye for colour and design. I love it.
Laine
xx

Jacee said...

What a beautiful project Pat, great work, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Pia S said...

This box has my favorite Chrstmas colors, the gold tree looks fabulous with all these warm reds and greens. Great idea to cut out a little window. It's a stunning box, Pat!

coops said...

oh wow love this pat.the rich colours and pretty details are fabulous and i love the stylish design :D

xx coops xx

Debs said...

Beautiful box Pat - love the rich traditional Christmas colours and fabulous berries.
Debs xx

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Pat. Love the rich red and green papers and the embellishments are stunning.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Pat, such beautiful rich colours and gorgeous festive embellishments.
Pauline
x

mags said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers.
Mags
x

Sue said...

I have to agree with all your other comment Pat, this is stunning. I love the gorgeous festive colours and wonderful detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Diane said...

Wow Pat such an elegant box, and love all the stunning details.

Hugs Diane

Glenda said...

A beautiful Christmas box with lovely red and green colors! You have taken such care to make every little detail just perfect and the box is just wonderful! Thanks for being a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pat said...

Beautiful box Pat, lovely embellishments and gorgeous colours.

Pat xx

cards by Stevo said...

so pretty :) thanx for joining at SOC x

Fran said...

Looks fab , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November and also for Completely Christmas and Crafting Musketeers - hope to see you again soon x

Sandy said...

Beautiful!!! A wonderful box to make someone feel special this Christmas. Love the rich tones and traditional embellishments.
Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenges this week.
Hugs,
Sandy