Sunday 16 November 2014

Different Colours for Christmas

Hi everyone,
I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
I managed to sneak in some crafting time and so enjoyed colouring up this cute image 
from Chrishanthi by ppinkydolls called I Love Christmas that can be found here.

I wanted to use up some very old Basic Grey plaid dp that I'd been hoarding.
 (I have a thing for plaid paper) so that is how I came up with the colours
...a little different but I know it will match some home decor of friends on my list.  

I pulled out some olive coloured vellum, cut some snowflakes and heat embossed
 an old circle sentiment from StampinUp with gold embossing powder before cutting it out.
Corrugated paper was also from my stash.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Bearly-Mine Challenges - November Christmas Cards 
Crafty Calendar Challenge - November It's All About Christmas

I'm so glad blogger is cooperating today...not so much last night though.

Thanks for stopping by today and your lovely comments are always appreciated.
hugs,
Pat K x

15 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Super card Pat your plaid background goes so well with your colours and their hair is amazing...

Anne

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Pat, I love the colours you have chosen and your adorable image is beautifully coloured.
Pauline
x

Marjorie said...

Wow! This is just so beautiful Pat.. Fabulous colouring and a great design...
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Beth Brovold said...

This is such a GORGEOUS card Pat!! I love these ppinky doll images...you've coloured these two so beautifully!!
Take care,
Beth

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pat. Such a sweet image, stunning colouring and wonderful textures.
hugs Sue xx

Jacee said...

Stunning work Pat!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pat. Fabulous image and I love the papers and layout
Lorraine x

Terry said...

Fabulous card and wonderfull coloring hun, thank you for sharing with the DT from We Do Doobadoo, hugs Terry xxxx

Michelle said...

This is lovely Pat - the image is so different and you have coloured it in beautifully. I love Basic Grey papers and I have some really old ones too I should get out and dust off lol - Michelle x

carol said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining in with our monthly challenge at BEARLY-MINE x carol

Pat said...

What a gorgeous image Pat and so beautifully coloured, great card design too.

Pat xx

Laine said...

Fabulous Ppinky dolls creation Pat. Love your plaid background and stunning color palette.
Laine
xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, love your coloring as usual. Just got one of these images just the other day since I think they are just so cute. Love your layout.

Lau W said...

Beautiful, love all the textures !
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge ! xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Christmas cards”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)