Saturday 27 June 2020

~~~ Backgrounds at Sweet Stampin ~~~

Good morning friends,
I hope you are well and keeping safe.
I finally was able to get my hair cut yesterday...
lots of restrictions but I so appreciate them opening and abiding by the rules.
Was not really lovin my Covid hairdo so this was a real treat to get it cut.

Today starts a new challenge at

Sweet Stampin Challenge

where the theme is "Make your Own Background"

I had so much fun stepping out of my comfort zone for this one.
The MFT stamps are from the "You bring a Smile" set. 



I created the sky using TH Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers ink and a small cloud stencil.
First attempt at this and it took a little tweeking before I was happy.  
For the grass I first brushed on TH Distress Oxide ink Cracked Pistachio then flicked Copic markers
and Polychromo pencil on to create the blades of grass.
All the images coloured with Copics with exception of the bird which was coloured with pencil.
Sentiment is also from the set. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you get a chance to stop by the blog and play along with us.
hugs,
Pat K xx

13 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card has certainly made me smile Pat.. love the little scene you've created, gorgeous card

Anne

Jackie T said...

Hi Pat this is such a cute card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

It's a fabulous card Pat, the little scene is delightful and your colouring beautiful as always.
Lucky you- a haircut! I have an appointment in just over a week so not long to wait now...I look as if I'm wearing a mop on my head at the moment!
xx

cotnob said...

A sweet card Pat, such a cute scene - your sky looks fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Pat, fabulous colouring and lovely image.

Pat xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

ahlers5 said...

What a cute card! I love your background! I am terrified of trying backgrounds, but I need to. Great card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pat, what a wonderful scene that could be real, well in fantasy land it would be! I love your 3D bird and your sleeping squirrel and mushroom, your grass is ready to be mown it's fabulous. A Great sentiment too.
Take care
Faith x


Anne Temple said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #29 :-).

Debra Davison said...

Your card is so bright and cheerful !! I absolutely love it !!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Totally love this Pat! I am so glad you shared with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

Furrbster said...

Such a sweet card,

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card and perfect summer image. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk