Monday 2 September 2013

Tags

Hi everyone,  I hope you are all well and have enjoyed this last long weekend of the summer. We had  a lovely visit with our Son and his family on Sunday.  The boys had been asking to see us..I think they miss my cooking :D   They brought Tegan with them, their bull mastiff who starts crying as soon as the van stops in the driveway....she loves visiting us.  Could it be because I spoil her? ......

 ***************************************************************************************

Today starts a new challenge at Cards for Men and the theme is "Tags".   Since I'm rubbish at making  tags I decided to make a Christmas card and add tags to it.   This way I'm adding to my stash and lightening the load come November!

Our sponsor this week is Fresh Brewed Designs and I chose to use this Wonky Christmas Tree and coloured it with my copics.    The paper I used to print my digi was not Copic friendly and didn't blend the way I wanted...but it was the right base colour :D   I painted the circles using Gold Smooch.



                          Details:
DP: Déja Views The Sharon Ann Collection, Home for the Holidays ( a very old set)

Green & striped tags are from the same collection as well as the striped border.

Happy Holiday tag is a SB Back-to-Basics Tag, printed in Word on Kraft paper, embossed with SU Bravo Burgundy ink.

Gold frame - SP Romantic Rectangles



I would like to enter the following challenges:
Graph'it markers - Red & Green 
Make it Monday Challenge #156
The Christmas Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - September

Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comments are always appreciated.
hugs
Pat K xx

25 comments:

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Pat. The tree is fab and I love you rich colours. The gold accents really make the image pop.
Hugs Sharon. x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab image.xxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous Pat, love this image and the card set up is awesome..xx

Donnas Den said...

Love this card, Pat. The colours are great.

Donna x

Laine said...

Wonderful use of colour and design Pat. A stunning creation.
Laine
xx

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun Christmas creation. Love the decorative frame around the image.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Judith said...

Such a great design Pat for this fun tree image - the traditional colours are just perfect. Hope you had fun spoiling your boys hugs Judith x

Hazel said...

I love that tree - what a gorgeous card - thanks for sharing for the Glory of Christmas 'anything goes' challenge (Hazel, DT) - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this is real sweet pat!!! i love the design... glad to see you are starting on your christmas cards hehe!! :D

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pat. I love the image and the rich colours and design are wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the traditional colours of this card Pat, like your quirky tree and your great layout

Anne

Lorraine said...

Fabulous Christmas card Pat. I love the quirky tree and rich colour scheme
Lorraine x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous Tag on your card, I love the colour choice and papers to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Wendy said...

gorgeous card!spotted it on MIM xx

coops said...

so gorgeous pat.fabulous rich colours and i love the funky tree :D

xx coops xx

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, sweet little tree! That gold frame looks amazing, Pat! Thanks for the great idea! hugs, de

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Pat fabulous Christmas card . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Pat, I love your 'Wonky Christmas Tree' and lovely rich Christmas colours.
Pauline
x

sue w. said...

Hi Pat, this is fab, Great colours and the gold really stands out.
I never do well with digis, must be the paper I use, but never happy with them.
Hugs Sue W.

Pia S said...

This card has got such a great color combination for a masculine feel. It's a fun Christmas tree image, I like the way you colored it, and the golden details makes this card even more Christmasy!

loz said...

Fabulous card and lovely colors Pat. Visited from MIM for a look..Loz

Mau xx said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and your tag is superb.
Hugs Mau xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding these for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

karen said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous rich colours, thanks for joining us at Graph'It colour challenge, Karenx

Carol said...

A gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol Guest Designer x