Friday 1 May 2015

GDT - Ching-Chou Kuik Challenge

Hi everyone,

I hope you've had a good week and are planning something fun for the weekend.

A few weeks ago I was selected to be the very first Guest Designer for
 I'm so excited for this honour and can't wait to show you what I've made.
The theme for the month of May is Lace
I've been a fan of Ching-Chou Kuik's work for a long time. 
  Some of my very first posts when I started blogging were
cards made with her wooden stamps.
Now I have a large digital collection...all waiting for precious colouring time.

I was given my choice of image for the challenge and decided on one I didn't have 
and that is  Petals of Rainbow available here.
I thought this would give me a chance to practice colouring flowers.


Side view

Details:
Lace border - MS punch
Beige lace, red flower - WOC
 DP from my stash
Coloured with Copics
Skin:  E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R11
Red: R27, RV29, R35
Hair/dress: W9, W7, W6, W5
Green:  G21, G24
Smooch Pearlized accent ink used on the outside of falling petals

I would like to enter the following challenges:
TTCRD - ATG

I do hope you get a chance to play along with us this month 
and stop by the blog to see the wonderful creations made by the DT if you can.

I'll be back in a few hours with my second post for today.
Thank you so much for stopping by...your comments are always appreciated.
hugs,

16 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Pat lovely colours and aike the design

Anne

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Pat love how you have coloured that gorgeous image also loving the colours and that amazing flower.
hugs
lorraine x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Pat, such a gorgeous image and stunning design.
Pauline
x

Laine said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot Pat, so well deserved. You don't need to practice your colouring skills, they are fabulous.
Laine
xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!! Wow Pat, loving this!!! Amazing colours, so elegant with the gold, and those roses on your image are so rich and decadent, a truly stunning card!! hugs :)

Fantasy ART by Ching-Chou Kuik said...

this is so intense beautiful, love your creation so much <3

Pia S said...

Your card has a beautiful oriental feel to it with lots of red and gorgeous golden details. A well but together card, very eye catching in design and color.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Pat...Pretty card....sweet image great colours together....Joolsx

Pat said...

Love your card. That color scheme is rocking it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenges this week.

Lisa Lynn said...

Wow- this card really pops with that bright red color. Another gorgeous card! Have a wonderful weekend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS Pat, can't believe you are considering "practicing" colouring LOL. This is another gorgeous in every way card.

Jacee said...

Gorgeous design Pat, so striking!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Pat fabulous colour's and design and lovely to have you as our First GD over at CCK Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
Dianne xx :)

Leanne said...

Omgosh this is gorgeous, love the flower and the image is colored beautifully. Wonderful details and the border edging around the card base amazing. Thank you for entering our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, fabulous coloring and I love that touch of red in her hair.