Thursday 7 June 2012

Pickles & Ice Cream

Hello everyone,
Just want to take a minute to thank my followers, old and new.  Your lovely comments mean so much and are so encouraging.   I debated over 6 months before I began this journey and wonder now why it took me so long.  I truly am enjoying myself and hope that I inspire you in some way.

Now, on to today's card.  I've used a Krista Smith digital from Saturated Canary called Ice Cream & Pickles.   How fitting for a new Mom-to-be.


I started with the sketch on Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge #69 - (ooh I won) but think I might have strayed a little  ~ artistic license I hope (lol). The DP is from a Basic Grey collection "Nook & Pantry" and the sentiment is a LOTV set.     Martha Stewart edge punch was used  and I paper pieced her maternity top with paper from the same collection.

My usual Copic colours for brown E29, E25, E23 and E21 were used for her hair.  Skirt was coloured with RV10,  RV00 and RV000.   Skin tones are E11, E01, E000, E0000 and R20 for the cheeks.   I dotted different colours on the ice cream to represent sprinkles. 

Entering into the following challenges:

Fab n Funky Challenge #124   - Green   - I won
Crafting for All Seasons #28  - Many Layers
Digital Tuesday Challenge #163 - Anything goes
Craft your Passion #113 - Chevrons - I Won
Fashionista Challenge #3  - Simply Summer  (thought the ice cream was fitting :)
Nutcrafters Challenge #19  - New beginnings  - I'm a Winner
Saturated Canary Challenge #19  - Anything goes



Hope you all have a great day.  Hugs, Pat K.

23 comments:

susie said...

this card is amazing. I love the way you colour hair - it looks so real xx

Tammy said...

Susie took the words right out of my mouth, your colouring is fabulous and I adore the sentiment you've used. xx

Shazza said...

this is beautiful x

Rina said...

OH my goodness...LOVE this sweet card and the sentiment is perfect for your card too! Great papers and layout! I am looking for a few new DT members... if you might be interested, please email me at APawSpa@aol.com

Thanks for joining in at Fashionista!

Rina Fashionista

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card Pat, what a great image. Thanks for joining in with Nutcrafters challenge this week and good luck. Debs xx

Lisa Lynn said...

I just colored this image recently too, and WOW your image is absolutely GORGEOUS!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow Pat...what truly stunning card & i so love that image...

Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters & good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous ,what a fab image....lovely colours.xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Love how you've colored her hair! She's fantastic!!

Judith said...

Just love this Pat - gorgeous as always, can't believe how mant beautiful cards you churn out!! I got your email through at last - been busy with this holiday thing in (very rainy!) Florida, just keep dipping in and out to keep myself amused! - that and knitting
It's great to see you at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week - oh how I wish I could persuade you to join us!! Hugs Judith x

Nancy Seed said...

For a Mom to Be artistic license is approved. This is adorable. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Vicky said...

Stunning card Pat, I love your colouring of this sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

hugs Vicky x x

Craftdee said...

Gorgeous card, Pat, as always! I bought this image the minute I first saw it, I think it's fabulous... I'm keeping it with my daughter in law in mind, but she and my son have been together for over ten years now and still no sign of kids ao I may cave and just use it - she's too cute to sit on my cyber shelf, lol. I love your paper piecing, and the sprinkles, of course Donna ☺

Flowergirl said...

Stunning card! She is beautifully coloured, her hair is fab!
Wendy x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Pat this is just so cute! I love the image and the paper piecing is such a beautiful touch :)

Rach83 said...

A-may-zing colouring, Pat. Fab colour combo too and lovely image.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back to play again soon.

Rachel x

judit said...

Hi Pat, love your card. The colouring is fab and love the paper pieced top! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

Wendy said...

Hi Pat, so sorry have just left you a comment on your beautiful card above and said thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky, when it's this card you are entering, it's late and I should be in bed lol....

Love this card too, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Wendy xx

Simple homemade living said...

love your card thank you for taking part in TSOT x x

Helen said...

Beautiful - love your colouring and the paper piecing works really well too.

Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters.

Helen x

Catherine said...

Stunning card, just love your shading....

Loopylou. said...

Pat!! oh Pat!!! this is just super stunning hun and I love how you pieced her t shirt!! love it!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Your card is awesome! And you are right... the sketch is just a starting place. I am glad our sketch inspired you. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.